Tue, January 8, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Please join the webinar, “Findings from the Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Initiation and Adherence among Black Men Who Have Sex with Men (BMSM) in Three U.S. Cities (HPTN073) Study”, on January 8, 2019, at 1:00 PM EST.
During taDarrell P. Wheeler, Ph.D., MPH, ACSW, from Iona College will speak.
- Identify best practices for PrEP implementation in THRIVE jurisdictions
- Identify the core aims of HPTN073 research project – an open label PrEP study of Black MSM
- Identify barriers to PrEP access and engagement among Black MSM in THRIVE jurisdictions
- Identify 3 key elements that support PrEP acceptance and uptake among men in HPTN073
- Identify 3 contextual factors that support PrEP acceptance and persistence among BMSM in HPTN073
Please share this professional development opportunity with your colleagues, clinical and community partners.
If you have any problems registering please contact J. Maurice McCants-Pearsall at Maurice@healthhiv.org.
About the Speaker
Darrell P. Wheeler, PhD, MPH, ACSW is Provost and Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs here at Iona College. Previously he was, dean of the School of Social Welfare and Vice President for Public Engagement at the University at Albany SUNY, Dean School of Social Work Loyola University Chicago and has held academic positions at Hunter College, Columbia University, and the University of North Carolina – Greensboro.
HPTN roles include HPTN073 protocol chair; co-chair for HPTN061, Co-Chair MSM SC, and co-chair HPTN Domestic Scholars program.
His research, teaching and community engagement work has demonstrated a deep understanding of the use of data and evidence in developing innovative programs and policy initiatives.